Thursday, June 3, 2010

The News

I'm not going to beat around the bush. The long and short of it is, the news is bad. I've got cancer. Breast cancer. The diagnosis was confirmed yesterday. But to be honest, I already knew during the mammogram last Thursday, when they were taking photo after photo after photo, and wanted second and third opinions during the ultrasound. Then the doctor rang me on Friday afternoon - could I come in for an appointment immediately. Doctors don't ring you like that to tell you good news. So I went off to the TTT Horse Trials on the weekend feeling very flat. But I went! And I had a ball!

If you want to see how I am progressing with the breast cancer, then read my other blog (http://www.prideranch.blogspot.com/). In the meantime, the horse riding and horse training goes on. Sure, there might be breaks, but I'll be back in the saddle as soon as I can physically lift the saddle onto my horse. And I might even have the opportunity to do the most riding I have ever done!

No comments: