Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cross Country

A couple of weekends ago I went cross country training with Dingo.  I managed to convince a friend to come with me.  I really don't think it's sensible to train cross country alone.

We went to one of the local pony clubs that is lucky enough to have a cross country course.  The range of jumps was very diverse, and you could really challenge yourself with logs and ditches.

At home, Dingo is now jumping 70cm.  But cross country is a whole different affair, and we went right back to the littlelest logs we could find.

When it came to the water jump, I was really thankful for my friend.  Her horse is more experienced, and he happily waded into the water.  Dingo wasn't that keen on the water, but was happy to follow the other horse.  Once he discovered it was all safe I think he found it quite a lot of fun.

It was a great day out, and I am really annoyed that that particular cross country course is now closed in preparation for a competition.  I cannot wait to go again!

No comments: