Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The trouble with going to Melton

I've entered Dingo into the Friends of Melton Horse Trials, which, as you would expect, is held in Melton.  The problem with going to Melton is this. 

A few years ago, I drew an approximate circle around our farm, and looked at what venues and events were within that circle.  Initially, that circle was quite small, and only incorporated venues about one hour away.  Over time, that circle has grown somewhat bigger, but it still doesn't incorporate Melton.

By daring to go as far as Melton, that circle will expand considerably.  And either, I will come back thinking "that was exhausting, I'm never doing that again", or I will come back thinking "wow, what a hoot!" and forget about the distance travelled.

And the problem with that is, that I will be more likely to do more events, which are further away, and will keep me away from home.

No comments: