Sunday, July 1, 2012

Welcome Teddy

We have a new addition at the farm - a horse called Teddy.  A friend has decided to agist him with us, while she is unavailable to ride him.  In the meantime I am allowed to ride him.  With Lilly sill out on injury leave, and Dingo about to go out for his annual holiday, Teddy's arrival is perfect.

I picked him up from Yarrambat the other day.  Well, he loaded onto the float fine, but then rocked the float, and neighed for a decent hour of the two hour trip.  Then, he didn't know how to back off.

When I did manage to get him off the float, he stood tall, all 16.2hh of him, and shivered in his boots, wondering where in the world he was.  I felt very insignificant.  But, I did manage to worm him and put him in the paddock.

Then, I brought him a paddock mate - Bess looked like she was volunteering.  Well, did she take a liking to him.  I've never seen anything like it.  It's the middle of winter, and she was acting like a filly in spring time.

No comments: