Monday, November 25, 2013

The Cross Country Course Review Series

Recently I have managed to make it to a few cross country courses, either because I have competed there, was intending to compete, or just went to have a look in case I decide to compete there in the future.

I have decided to do a review of these - for my own benefit, as well as for everyone else's.

All the courses reviewed are generally EA Intro level (EA80).  In each review I try to look at the lay of the land (steep, flat, undulating), the height of the jumps, the technical difficulty of the course, the challenges specific to that course, as well as whether it's a basic or advanced Intro course.

One of the things I've noticed is that the courses that are on steep land do everything to make them flat, while the courses that are on flat land do everything to create uphills and downhills.  And just because a region is known for its steepness, doesn't necessarily mean that the XC course is set on steep land.

No comments: