Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Crownie

Competition Name: Crown Bijou
Stable Name: Crownie
Sire: Noble Bijou
Dam:
Height: 16hh
Breed: Thoroughbred
Colour: Brown/Black
Rug Size: 6'6"

About Crownie:
When you first look at Crownie, you realise just how long she is. I am not a fan of long horses, and having simply looked at her, I would have never bought her. However, when I trained her for a friend (who wanted to sell her) ... I was sold. This is the most loving, trainable horse I have ever come across. Trainable: I taught her my horse unloading routine once. Loving: I have seen my 2 year old daughter hanging off Crownie's ears (literally), while Crownie was eating. And Crownie is bold with a capital B: I have ridden her on some pretty scary (steep, wet) tracks and she just keeps going.

Crownie's goals:
We have decided to try eventing Crownie. I know, she is neither schooled, nor fit, nor young. However, with proper feeding and training we should be able to conquer all of those. Our aim is a Preliminary ODE in March 2008. If she is going really well, we might give her a shot at an ODE earlier than that - maybe end of November 2007 or start of December 2007.

No comments: