Saturday, January 30, 2010

Forwards!

Gally and I go into the haying paddock to do some dressage. The warm up goes well. The work is mediocre. And I am not happy. And why is this horse just not going forwards?!

He hasn't been worked for two weeks and it's all just fallen apart. Having said that, the canters are actually quite good. But once we've finished the canters, stop. One big fat stop.

Recently I've been riding without the whip, to ensure that I am using my legs and seat, but today I bitterly regret that decision. My legs have done all they can, and now I am in need of the whip, and it's not here. Argh!

I put Gally away and get Crownie.

Crownie, hasn't been ridden for at least three weeks. In comparison to Gally, she goes brilliantly. And even without any comparisons, she goes competition ready.

Later in the day I have a good think about my ride on Gally. Going large around the imaginary arena, a few 20m circles, couple of changes on the diagonal. How boring! What was I thinking?! Gally might not be going like a Grand Prix horse, but that doesn't mean we can't do some interesting exercises. Sheesh!

No comments: