Monday, April 19, 2010

The book

Recently on holidays I purchased a book by Tom Roberts "Horse Control: The Young Horse". (And, yes, I was following my intuition when purchasing this book.)

Well I started reading it today, and the cloud on how to train horses just totally lifted after reading the very first chapter.

In the past, I used to sit and dream about how one day I might write a book about training horses. Everything I had read so far didn't really get to the core. Most books were too convoluted, or too high level. And I wanted to write something that would be easy to follow. Well I am not going to do that anymore. Because I think I would be re-writing Tom Roberts' book, word for word. In fact, I don't think I could do quite as good a job as he does.

And I won't even start to summarise his book here. I couldn't do it justice. If you want to become a really good horse trainer, just go and read his book. (The book applies to all horses, not just young horses.)

No comments: