Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gally's progress

I call my trainer.

"Hi Mark! How's my horse going?"

"Well, we trotted him out and he seemed a bit short in his stride. So I ran my hand down his back, and he almost sat down!", the friendly laugh echoes down the phone line. "I'm having a bit of a problem getting hold of Jamie (horse chiropractor). Otherwise I like him. He'll be a good horse for you. Yeah sure he's a bit green, and there's no lateral mouth on him, and there's no lateral movement on him, and he lacks forward. But, lets get Jamie out to him, and see what happens then."

Sheesh. The conversation made me "almost" sit down.

What bothers me is that I flagged the back problem with Anna when I first started having lessons on Gally. And she just cut me off mid sentence and told me to get on with it.

Of course, that's no excuse. I should have checked the horse's back myself. Lesson learnt.

Crownie ... your horse chiropractor will be coming out to see you as soon as I can get hold of him.

No comments: