Saturday, January 15, 2011

All plaited up and nowhere to go



Yesterday, we spent all afternoon washing and plaiting our ponies. Sabina - Tornado; me - Dingo. Sabina didn't have much to plait as minatures are shown "natural". But I was busy plaiting Dingo and doing rosettes. It took me ages, as I lack experience - especially with needle and thread. Not to mention there is a real art in getting the width of the plaits right. I got them too wide ... this time.

Just as I completed the last rosette, I got an sms from a friend that the Lang Lang Show has been cancelled. I ran home and double checked on my own computer. Yep - cancelled due to rain. Well, I don't blame them. It has rained a lot, and Lang Lang is in a low lying flood-type plain. I am the last one that wants to rock up with car and trailer only to get bogged.

Still, that leaves us all plaited up this lovely morning, with nowhere to go.

But I can't really complain. The practice run has been fabulous.

No comments: