Sunday, April 17, 2011

More ponies than you can poke a stick at

Today we went to Pony Club and Sabina merrily rode into her lesson. She handled Tornado well, and even seemed to be paying attention to the instructor.

I was standing outside the arena, watching the world go by, thinking how in the world I am now going to upgrade her pony. I mean, I don't really want to go trapsing around the state, looking for the perfect pony for my daughter, preferably a palomino colour (more about that some other time). Another adult came along and I opened my big mouth.

"Well, why don't you go and talk to M. She's got a pony here for sale, that might be suitable.", was the response I got.

By the time lunchtime rolled around and all the kids were having a break, Sabina was back in the arena on the said pony. After a lot of walking, a few halts, several attempted transitions into trot, and finally the trot itself, Sabina was allowed to have some lunch, while I went to talk to M.

Later in the afternoon, the said pony was delivered (together with rug and bridle) to our property for a two week trial, with the potential to extend it to a one month trial. Perfect timing. It's school holidays at the moment, so we will be able to test ride the pony a fair bit.

No comments: