Monday, July 2, 2007

Grid work preparation

Today's activity is dressage, and grid work. In my mind I am thinking: place pole, bounce, bounce, one stride, then bounce. In reality I look at the bare paddock. There are heaps of poles on the property, but they are the length of fully grown pine trees, and it took two men to move these out of the paddock. I look around, and hey presto there are some treated pine posts lying on the ground; the perfect lenght for jumping poles, just not painted. I look up to the sky, and nod a thank you. Then I proceed to move some poles into the paddock. By the end of the process I have 4 trot poles on the ground, and two 44 gallon drums on either side so I can make a cross rail. This is a far cry from what I had imagined, but it means that today's session can get classified as grid work.

No comments: