Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Panic time

My intention was to compete at Grade 4 on Crownie in Peninsula Horse Trials on Sunday 2nd August.

Well, the horse is barely jumping Grade 5, she's never even seen a cross country course, we're not graded and the competition is a mere 5 weeks away. That's 4 weekends of training. It's panic time.

As I see it here are my options:
  • Forget the Horse Trials and do an XC clinic instead. Get her graded later.
  • Get her graded, and still do the Horse Trials but at Grade 5.
  • Forget the whole horse thing, and go fishing.

I am tending to lean towards the middle option. That way, I still get the satisfaction of competing. A Grade 5 course will be easy enough that it will be a confidence boost for the horse. And I get to see yet another course. There is still the problem of getting graded in time, before entries close.

No comments: