Saturday, November 7, 2009

More Parelli

Today I play some more Parelli games with Gally. This time I intend to ride him as well. I get him saddled (which is not a smooth process - more about that another time), and I pull out the bridle. He is standing tied to the hitching rail. I approach with the bridle, and the head goes up a bit and away from me. Obviously this makes it hard to put the bridle on.

I untie him, and move him a couple of steps away from the hitching rail. I shake the bridle around, then proceed to put it on. To my great surprise, Gally doesn't move his head away. He doesn't exactly open his mouth in anticipation, I still have to open his mouth with my finger, but the head doesn't move away. This is fantastic.

Then he tries to bite me when I mount up. Sigh.

No comments: