Thursday, November 5, 2009

Parelli

I have become so frustrated with my issues with Gally, that I have started re-reading Pat Parelli's book. Oddly enough, it seems to make a lot more sense these days, than it did 6 years ago.

I have also ordered two of his DVD's - Horseanality and Seven Games. The videos are quite inspiring, and I Parelli around with Gally. And it's kind of fun. I get Gally to jump the ditch, and that's definitely a lot of fun. Even Gally seems to enjoy it.

But at the end of it all I am still left wondering. Is he really listening? Am I too weak or too strong? Will our next riding session be better?

It feels to me like there is a really crucial piece of the horse training puzzle that I am missing. And I don't know what question to ask, and no one is providing the answer. It is very very frustrating to say the least.

No comments: