Friday, March 5, 2010

Float shopping

Today I forgo my horse ride. The time has come to buy a new float.

The float I currently use actually belongs to my girlfriend. She doesn't exactly need it much right now, and I am happy to maintain it, so it's a very happy state of affairs. But the float has seen many years of good service with us alone, we've had a good run, and it is now time to upgrade.

I have been doing much research regarding floats over the last two years, so today, when I roll into Rowville Floats, I am ready to make a purchase.

The lady at Rowville takes me through the factory floor, showing me various models and options. I marvel at the thought that's gone into the floats and their design. In the end I settle for a Traveller model, with a couple of extras. Then I spend copious amounts of time choosing the colour. Just when I think I am done, the lady mentions that I also need to choose the colour for scrolls and pin striping!

So Flummery (think vanilla custard) with Charcoal scrolls it is. For now. Until Sabina convinces me that Dusty Pink would look great with a red car!

No comments: