Monday, February 21, 2011

Show Pony

Different horses have different characters. I love finding out each horse's character and what they are all about.

Today the farrier was coming to put some shoes on Dingo. It was a cold and windy, and potentially rainy, day. When I brought Dingo in he was shivering. I went to the back of the shed, and started pulling out old horse blankets. I found a couple of rugs that Tosca used to wear when she was a yearling, or a 2 year old. They fitted Dingo like a glove.

I put the doona on him, and I had never seen a happier pony in my life. Now some horses love wearing rugs, and others hate it. Tosca and Gally hated rugs. They would rather be on the cold side, with just their fur, than run the risk of sweating under a rug. But Dingo, is a typical show pony. He would easily be happy with a cotton rug, cotton hood, and a couple of doonas on top.

No comments: