Sunday, February 20, 2011

Two ponies



Today we took Tornado and Dingo to pony club. At pony club there are rules. One of them is that adults are not allowed to ride while the kids are riding. Makes perfect sense.

So I rode Dingo as soon as we got there, then I helped Sabina saddle up. Once she was in her lesson I looked for a good excuse to make myself scarce. I hate being the mum on the sidelines, who constantly gives her daughter advice over the fence. That's the instructor's job. But when I sit there at that fence, I must admit, I just can't help myself.

Thank goodness that a friend's daughter tugged at my sleeve - can she ride Dingo? She's been having a few rides on him already, and I knew that he should be fine in the beginner's group.

So, I helped her with Dingo in the beginner's group, every now and then sneaking a peek at Sabina in her lesson. She looked like she was having a ball!

No comments: