Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dingo's grading

I had Dingo graded at Adult Riding Club today.

We were very lucky as the instructor came out and gave us a lesson first and then graded us as well. So I was able to work on Dingo's running issue, get him to slow down, and carry himself much better. This, in turn, meant that the grading was far more in control.

We were graded for Dressage, which went smoothly.

Then we proceeded with Showjumping. Dingo took to this like a duck to water. I had practiced trot poles and canter poles with him at home, and tiny little jumps. But here, he went around the grade 5 course like a little pocket rocket. Then we started jumping grade 4. And honestly, if it wasn't for his short neck and my terrible habit of getting too far forward, I think we would have graded at grade 4. But, due to the reasons mentioned above, I'll stick to grade 5 until we've got some experience under our belt.

Finally, cross country. As we don't have a cross country at our club grounds, the instructor just asked me to go for a fast canter around the perimiter of the grounds. I kicked Dingo into gear, enjoying every second of my little hoon.

So now we are graded and ready to compete.

No comments: