Sunday, September 11, 2011

Take Two

We've acquired a new car - the primary reason for the upgrade being the ability to tow two horses. So today, when I headed off to Adult Riding Club I took Lilly and Dingo.

My intention was to be graded on both horses, but of course I always chew off more than I can swallow. However, I was unconcerned. Grading Dingo was the priority, while grading Lilly was always going to be a bonus. Either way, the outing would be good for her.

Well the car towed really well. Yes, I could feel that we were pulling something heavy. But I felt quite confident on the way to Adult Riding. The acid test came on the way home. The road to our farm has a dip in it, which I affectionately call "the big dipper". When you drive through it, you know why.

Well the big dipper is steeper on the way to the farm. And it's gravel. And there is a turn in the road at the top of it. And the turn is banked the wrong way.

I took it easy up the big dipper. The car kicked down a gear, but otherwise we made it up without any issues.

So now, I just need to get fit enough to actually ride two horses at an outing.

No comments: