Monday, August 31, 2009

Gally is the boss

Mo has been the boss of the paddock for years. Over 10 years. Whereever we went, Mo would always be the boss.

When I first put Gally in with Mo, Mo was nice to Gally, but quickly put Gally in his place when push came to shove.

Today, I feed the horses in the yard. The feed bins are ready, and the horses run in through the gate. I turn around just in time to see Mo and Gally standing over the same feed bin. Then Gally raises his head, and puts his ears back. Mo retreats to find another bucket. Gally is the boss.

The yard has a stable in it. Later on when I return to put the horses out, Gally is standing in the stable, looking out. He is proud as pie. All the other horses are in the yard eating grass. He doesn't even put his ears back when I come over to give him a pat and have a laugh. I think he has now made our farm his home.

No comments: