Monday, August 3, 2009

I feel better

Ok, I feel better now. And I'm still going to pursue my dream of flawlessly galloping across country over scary obstacles.

Yesterday, I really was ready to give up. But, I know it's useless. I've been there before. Trying to give up the horse dream. And it just doesn't work. I mean ... if I'm not going to ride, then I may as well not live. So back into it. As someone once said "There's no failure, only feedback." Gally's sore back was my feedback. I know that I'm not sitting right. There are saddles that force you to sit correctly. Gally's previous owners' saddle made you do that. In fact, I liked their saddle so much I almost bought the saddle, not the horse.

So if I am not dilligent enough to sit correctly in my current saddle, then I should get myself a saddle which forces me to sit correctly. Or ride bareback. I have always found that I rode much better bareback, or without stirrups. I've had coaches who would force me to jump without stirrups for that exact reason.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Just brought myself up to speed with you and Gally. Congratulations on the new horse!! And I love the name Gallium. Can't wait to meet him.

I so KNOW where you're at with the 'i might as well give up now, but darn it I can't' scenario. Keep on keeping on. Because you can't not.
XOXO

Ellen said...

PS - Love the paddock romance story too :-)

light.fingers said...

Thanks heaps for the encouragement. It's not all smooth sailing, is it?