Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feeling the fear

Tomorrow I am having a cross country lesson with Will Enzinger. And I feel the fear. But fear of what?

For goodness' sakes. Pull yourself together girl. I mean, Will is a great guy and a supportive teacher. So it can't be fear of Will.

Fear of a cross country lesson? I've had heaps of cross country lessons before and I have never ever had a BAD cross country lesson. I've had BAD showjumping lessons, but not XC.

Fear of Wandin? Wandin is known for its undulating countryside. But this is just a lesson. If you get out of control, you just circle until you get control back again. Too easy.

Fear of the early morning, the journey down a little known road with burning off going on either side? Get a grip. As long as the horse gets on the float I will be fine.

So, fear of what? Fear of actually realising my dreams? Yes.

This is the first step to a one day event. This is my dream. It stands in front of me now, within reach. And the easiest thing is to form an excuse and take a step back. The hardest thing is to step forward and live it.

No comments: