Monday, April 20, 2009

Triple bar

I set up a triple bar jump in the paddock. It's simulated with logs and tyres, but it looks pretty much like the real thing.

I do my normal warm up. Then I practice cantering down the hill. I only go half way up the hill. The aim is to get a good downhill canter going, and not to get out of control. We have another 4 or 5 weeks to get right to the top. The canters go reasonably well.

Then I commence my jumping. Trot poles, cross rails, barrells. Then the triple bar. I point Princess at it and aim right for the middle. She jumps. Good. We come at it again. Then, what's this feeling I'm getting? Is that the horse not racing at the jump, but actually waiting for me to give the signal? Yes, it must be. Two strides out from the jump, I give the signal. She stretches out and sails over it. Wow. So smooth. Such partnership.

No comments: